Monday, September 22, 2008

Chunk of Coal...


I have been wanting to try inking the old school way where you actually have to dip your pen or brush into the ink. I got hooked up with a bunch of different pen tips (thanks again Mikey) so decided to try it out. Well it has been since college since I have done any kind of ink pen stuff so I didnt know where to begin but I guess it was a good first effort. I only wished I would have at least sketched something out first because I just started inking lines and wasnt quite sure of what to do. I did this a week or two ago and just decided to post so I could watch my progression, if I decide to continue. I did some quick colors in Illustrator. It sort of puts me in mind of Don Martin the artist from MAD magazine or the Keep On Trucking guy.

No comments: